EMERGENCY PAEDIATRIC First Aid
Emergency Paediatric First Aid (PFA) - 6 hours
The Department for Education (DfE) has now published their updated guidance, with an implementation date 3 April 2017.
• At least one person who has a current full paediatric first aid certificate must be on the premises and available at all times when children are present, and must accompany children on outings
• The certificate must be for a full course consistent with the criteria set out in course content
• PFA training must be renewed every three years and be relevant for workers
• All newly qualified entrants to the early years workforce who have completed a level 2 and/or level 3 qualification on or after 30 June 2016, must also have either a full PFA or an emergency PFA certificate within three months of starting work
This first aid course is ideal for those working in a childcare setting - nursery, kindergarten, childminders as well as primary schools with EYFS.
The Emergency PFA course should be undertaken face-to-face and last for a minimum of 6 hours (excluding breaks) and cover the following areas:
• Be able to assess an emergency situation and prioritise what action to take
• Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
• Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
• Help a baby or child who is having a seizure
• Help a baby or child who is choking
• Help a baby or child who is bleeding
• Help a baby or child who is suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss (hypovolemic shock)
Emergency Paediatric First Aid Course 1 day £85.00 + VAT Per Person
30th January 2024, Malton North Yorkshire
4th March 2024, Malton North Yorkshire
10th June 2024, Malton North Yorkshire
3rd October 2024, Malton North Yorkshire
2nd December 2024, Malton North Yorkshire
Please book in advance
To book your place on one of our courses, please complete the enquiry form HERE and we will respond quickly.
Alternatively you can call 07748 965696 or email email@example.com today.
FIRE SAFETY/FIRE EXTINGUISHER TRAINING
We offer a selection of practical-based fire training and fire extinguisher training courses, with something to suit every business. Always happy to provide helpful advice, we will ensure that you get the right training you need to stay compliant.
HEALTH & SAFETY TRAINING
We have experience delivering manual handling and H&S training to organisations of all sizes, and in a full range of industries. Whatever your requirements, you can depend on Yor Training to help your organisation minimise the risk of accidents and injury across the workplace.
This practical one-day ITC First accredited course will teach your employees how to lift, carry and move things safely in your organisation, helping to minimise the risks of injury in the workplace